- Works on Android, Mac, iPad, iPhone and Windows
- Available in Mac App Store and on web.
- OneDrive comes with 5GB free space.
- Microsoft Office 365 subscription comes with 1TB free.
Once you setup OneDrive, you can save OneNote, Word, Excel files to OneDrive.
OneDrive is similar to Dropbox and Google drive. Your data is stored in the “cloud” on Microsoft’s servers.
You need a Microsoft account to setup. You can use your Office365 ID or any email account to set up your Microsoft ID.
When you install, select your Home folder as destination as shown in the image. Do not move this folder in the Finder. Only change location in the OneDrive app.
- OneDrive and file names
Sync errors reported by the OneDrive client are due to filenames which are illegal on the OneDrive sync space, such as ‘|’, ‘?’, ‘:’, ‘”‘ and leading spaces.
- OneDrive dies when it encounters a file or folder name with a pipe (|), question mark (?), colon (:), quotation mark (“‘), or leading space.
OneNote is a fully featured app that will allow you to not only take notes, but to share your notes, collect recipes and much more. OneNote was chosen “Best of 2014* by Apple. Just check out the lengthy description of OneNote in the App Store.
Start with the OneNote Help Center.
- Save emails to OneNote
- Draw and annotate with ink in OneNote 2016 for Mac – OneNote for Mac
- How to Master Microsoft Office OneNote
- Using OneNote and Outlook for task management | Kurt Söser
- Move from Evernote to OneNote
- Introducing OneNote for Mac
- OneNote Online – YouTube
- 5 New OneNote Features That’ll Make Your Creative Life Easier | Jenny Hansen’s Blog
- Microsoft Education in the Cloud (this shows how you might share data with other users on a project)
- You can password protect a section in OneNote
- (Some features shown in the articles are only for the Windows version of OneNote)
Clipper installs in your browser making it easy to click on a page and save to your OneNote clipping file.You can clip anything from articles to blog posts to recipes in just one click. Your clips are captured in OneNote so you have them all in one place All your clips are synced on all your devices.
OneNote Clipper Installation
Use OneDrive on iOS
Office 2016 for Mac Quick Start Guides
Grab the quick start guides for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote for your Mac here